I have over 17 years post qualifying experience of working as a therapist with children, adolescents and adults both in Manchester and in London at various well known treatment facilities.
My main training is psychodynamic and attachment based, which is based on the idea that our patterns of relating to ourselves and others are formed in the earliest years of our life. As such, I aim to help clients identify the emotional core of the difficulty they are experiencing so that we can work to resolve it in the present. In addition, I have undertaken specialist training to work with children and adolescents and am highly experienced in engaging youngsters. I am also trained in a variety of specialist trauma treatments, including Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), and work with the full range of traumatic experience, including childhood abuse and sexual violence.
I have been privileged to study at a number of centres of national and global excellence in counselling, and psychotherapy where I have undertaken the following trainings:
- EMDR Consultants Training
- EMDR Treating Dissociative Disorders
- Using EMDR Online with Children & Adolescents
- Critical Incident Stress Management Group Crisis Interventions
- EMDR Flash Technique
- Attachment and Co-Regulation in Therapy
- EMDR Intergenerational Trauma & Working with Complex Trauma, Dissociation and Failures of Integration
- When There Are No Words: Pre-Verbal Trauma and Ego States
- EMDR Using Stories for Trauma and Attachment Resolution
- EMDR Child & Adolescent Training (Parts 1 & 2)
- EMDR Feeling State Addiction Protocol Training
- EMDR Attachment-Focused Healing of Complex Trauma Training
- R-TEP & G-TEP EMDR Trauma Response Training
- Trauma Focused CBT for Children and Young People with PTSD
- EMDR Practitioner Training – Levels 1-3
- Certificate in Therapeutic Work with Children & Adolescents
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- MSc (Dist) in Attachment, Trauma and Loss
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychoanalytical Observational Studies
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
- Trauma and Dissociation
- Trauma and Dissociation in Children
- EMDR and Trauma
- Trauma and Mindfulness: Effective Interventions
- PTSD + Complex PTSD from an Attachment Perspective
- Certificate in Attachment Theory in Clinical Practice
- Concepts and Skills in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Integrating CBT into Practice
I am a registered provider of counselling and psychotherapy for Healthcare Insurance companies including Aviva, AXA PPP and Bupa.
In addition, I provide Critical Incident Stress Management Interventions (CISM) to local and national organisations.